I’m constantly learning about new things I need to replace since going gluten-free after my celiac disease diagnosis. Just last week while gardening, I realized we probably should replace our grill since we spent many of summers putting meats covered in gluten filled marinades and sauces all over it! There probably isn’t enough cleaning I could do to risk cross contamination. So, for now I’ll stick with my George Foreman Grill and Oven!
Which led me to an ever bigger thought of what else did I replace after going gluten-free and how could I help all of you think of things to consider. Many of us don’t realize until we continue getting sick that this or that might be causing us problems!
I took a poll on my Facebook page and about 50 people responded to the question “what were you surprised you had to replace?”
Here are the answers!
- Plastic Tupperware
- Beauty products
- Bath products
- Hair color and products
- Waffle Maker
- Anything Wooden or Plastic in the kitchen
- Bread Machine
- One person replaced their kitchen counters
- Play Dough
- Protein Powders
- Nail Polish (if you bite your nails or have kids that are GF this is a good idea)
- Adult Toys and intimate Products – I just had a company ask me to do a giveaway on my site for some bedroom products and when I asked if they were gluten-free, she said no. Be careful with these items.
- Medications and Supplements
- Grill and other cook top items
- Food – Obvious!